Thursday, October 17, 2013

We're So Sorry, Uncle Albert

"I already know an awful lot of people and until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else."—Regina Lampert (Audrey Hepburn), Charade (1963)

From time to time, we here at the Monkey receive e-mails requesting that we (I) (there's just one of me) carry some particular advertisement, presumably in exchange for money or services. But the fact is, this is an ad-free blog. Not, mind you, because I believe art should be free (any more than I believe soup should be free), or because I don't believe in corporate America, man (I own s#!t-loads of stock in corporate America, man), but because (1) carrying ads would also, I assume, require me to carry content, which I am too lazy to do; (2) I'd feel obligated to make sure all the pictures I post are in the public domain, which I try to do anyway but don't always succeed (see: lazy); and (3) I'm lazy.

I'd reply with an e-mail saying as much, but I'm (4) anti-social and (5) lazy. So (6) don't take it personally.

As for all you faithful monks and monkettes hungry for that good Monkey writing, I'll have content for you in November. Probably.

No comments: