Thursday, June 20, 2013

Coming Attractions

As soon as I (read: Katie-Bar-The-Door) can figure out how to embed a poll other than the buggy blogspot poll gadget I've been using, you will have an opportunity to decide, as promised weeks ago, whether Erik Beck (of the Boston Becks) or the Mythical Monkey is closer to the truth when we call the 1929 version of The Taming of the Shrew, starring Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford, either the worst movie of 1929 or a rollicking good fun comedy.

Maybe this evening. Tomorrow at the latest, I'd think.

By the way, I had no idea what Erik Beck looks like, so I made my best guess and went with the one above which I lifted from the internet. I hope it's the right one.

1 comment:

Erik Beck said...

I personally think I look more like Bobby. Or maybe that's just because my e-mail signature is a Bobby quote. Either way, no complaints.

I somehow feel my views won't win on this poll. But they'll have to have seen it for their views to be worthwhile and the more people who watch Shakespeare films the better. Except for the Ethan Hawke Hamlet.